Horizon Platforms offer the course that is accredited by IPAF call MEWPs for Managers. The aim of this course is to instruct a supervisor/manager what is required to prepare for and safely co-ordinate various types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWPs) within their control.
The legislation affecting MEWPs is probably greater than many people realise. They are affected by the:
• Health and Safety at Work Act 1974;
• Management of Health and Safety at Work 1999;
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998;
• Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
• Work at Height Regulations 2005.
After sitting this course myself recently, I cannot stress enough how valuable this course is for Site managers and site supervisors alike. Not only that but even the health and safety managers who are not on site had a great deal to gain out of this course.
The MEWPS for Mangers course is a one day course that is 90% theory and 10% practical. But the knowledge that is taken away from this course is 100% valuable.